The family dog is more than a pet. We love our dogs like they are part of the family. Want to know if your dog really loves you? Look for these 8 signs.
1. You get tons of PUPPY KISSES. For dogs, licking can mean a number of things but most doggy kisses are a sign of affection and that they view you as family!
2. Your dog follows you everywhere. When your dog follows you and is always by your side that is a true sign of love. It shows they want to hang out with you at all times!
3. You have a bed hog! Does your pup love to sleep with you at night? Dogs are pack animals, used to cuddling up in dens with their families. If your dog likes sleeping with you it’s a sign that they see you as part of the pack.
4. Your dog brings you their favorite toy. Bringing a toy not only means your dog wants to play, it may also mean they think of you as a pack leader. They want to please you by offering a favorite toy because your pup thinks you might just like it too!
5. Your dog wiggles their eyebrows. In a recent study in Japan, dogs were introduced to their parent, a stranger, a dog toy, and an item they didn’t like. When seeing their parent, the dogs immediately lifted their eyebrows. There was significantly less facial movement, when they saw a stranger or unappetizing item.
6. Your dog looks you in the eyes. Eye contact between dogs and their humans is a sign of love as it has been found that eye contact releases oxytocin, the bonding hormone, in both dogs and owners.
7. Yawning is contagious. A 2008 study showed that dogs were more likely to accompany a yawn when they saw their owners yawn than when they saw a stranger do it. So, if your dog yawns every time you do, it’s a sign that they care and really love you!
8. Your dog greets you at the door. When you walk in the front door and you are eagerly greeted by your dog, tail wagging with a toy in their mouth this is also a sign of love in its truest form.
So, does YOUR dog love you?
Puppy Kisses is the premier on-line dog boutique for designer dog apparel & accessories, including designer dog coats, leashes and collars, dog beds, toys, treats, birthday cakes and dog hair bows! Don't forget our gifts for dog lovers, too!
CALLING ALL CANINES! It's time for the Puppy Kisses annual Halloween costume contest for dogs. Join in for a chance to win a $25.00 Puppy Kisses gift certificate. Prizes will be awarded for best overall costume, funniest costume and the best couple costume- you and your pooch. Whether you are a creative do-it-yourself-er, or prefer to shop online and incorporate some great Puppy Kisses [...]
Valentine's Day is a great time to show our loved ones how much we care for them. Our canine companions are no exception. They are our best friends and love us unconditionally, so don’t leave them off the list when shopping for a special Valentine’s Day treat. With so many Valentine-themed gifts, it’s hard to choose, but not every gift is [...]
Puppy Kisses is proud to honor our vets this Veterans Day and every day. A heartfelt note below about the love a companion animal can bring. Enjoy!For most of us, we go through our daily lives doing certain things that can seem trivial, meaningless or even a downright hassle. Little things like getting up from bed, eating [...]
Halloween is a fun and festive time for children and families but, for some pets it can be a downright nightmare. Here are some simple steps for taking the stress and danger out of Halloween for your dog.Watch your dog's intake: Candy is for people, not pets. All types of chocolate can all be dangerous, [...]
Hello my furry friends,Does your dog wear an ID tag? I do! Mom says its the most important accessory I can wear for they are the fastest ticket back home should I become lost.Placing identification on our pup is a basic task for any pet owner, yet so many well-loved pets become lost without a collar [...]
Hello my canine friends,As you prepare for a BBQ and fireworks this 4th of July, keep these simple tips in mind to keep your pup safe during this Independence Day.While you might feel bad not bringing your dog to the neighborhood party, it is safer for them to stay in our own home. Make sure they [...]
Hello my friends,Whether your children are two-legged or four, moms have always told kids to mind their manners while eating and to chew their food. This is with good reason when it comes to our furry friends.Does your dog gobble down his food too quickly?Some dogs are more aggressive eaters than others. While some dogs are nibblers [...]
Hello my canine friends, Well, after a health scare, Magic is right as right as Magic can be. But it’s not like he has gotten any smarter after snacking on a bottle of fish oil pills. He still sniffs his way through the kitchen for crumbs and unsecured packages when we’re home alone. We’re glad things weren’t worse for Magic, but [...]
Walk Your Dog with Courtesy and Style A close second to curling up on the couch with my mom and dad, is going out with them for a walk. Whether it’s a stroll around the neighborhood, a promenade through town, or a romp around the local dog park, we always have a great time. Still, when we go out, [...]